Rules for participation in the International Competition
• Types: Fiction, animation, experimental, documentary, music (or combinations). No commercials.
• Running time: Not more than 30 minutes.
• Produced: In 2018 or 2019, with a non-Nordic* director. Please note that Nordic films instead should be submitted here >. Each particular film can only be submitted once.
• Submission deadline: Early bird: September 1, 2019; Final: October 1, 2019.
The film must be completely uploaded and available offline for evaluation by the festival team.
• Selection: A preselection committee will consider each submitted film, and may do additional selection by invitation, up until the selection announcement date. A list of the selected films will be available on the festival's website no later than December 10. No reasoning for films turned down will be made public. No film may be withdrawn from the competition programme after its selection has been confirmed.
• Screening copy/print: For selected films, a DCP screening copy must be received at the festival office no later than January 8. Masters are not accepted. If the file delivered is a HD file**, the festival will convert this to DCP, and must have received the file no later than January 2 (this DCP is only for this single purpose, and will be deleted after the festival). Note: English language version or subtitles (due to an international jury). A 35 mm film print is also welcome.
• Return of Screening copy: Within two weeks after the festival closure.
The organizers will nominate an international Award Jury of three members. The festival is responsible for awarding the above mentioned prizes to the directors of the winning films.
• Invitation / Accreditation: All directors of selected films will be invited. One free accreditation will be favoured each individual director, which is personal and non-transferable, and gives access to all of the Minimalen programmes.
For further information, please contact us at e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
* The Nordic Countries: Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway, Sweden - including Greenland, Faroe Islands, Åland.
** HD file:
If you do not have a DCP, the screening copy can be a Quicktime HD file with Codec Apple Prores 422 HQ (HD 1080p, 2 ch. audio). The festival will produce a DCP for preliminary use (which will be deleted after the festival, and not be available for anyone else).