Rules for participation in the Nordic Competition
• Types: All categories of film can participate, except commercials.
• Running time: Not more than 30 minutes.
• Produced: In 2022 or 2023, with a Nordic* director or main producer. Each particular film can only be submitted once.
• Submission deadline: October 1.
The film must be completely uploaded and available offline for evaluation by the festival team.
• Selection: A preselection committee will consider each submitted film, and may do additional selection by invitation, up until the selection announcement date. A list of the selected films will be available on the festival's website no later than one month before the festival. No reasons for films not being selected will be made public. A film cannot be withdrawn from the competition programme after its selection has been confirmed.
• Screening copy/print: For selected films, a DCP screening copy must be received at the festival office by the communicated deadline. Masters are not accepted. If the file delivered is a HD file**, the festival will convert this to DCP (this DCP is only for this single purpose, and will be deleted after the festival). Note: English language version or subtitles.
• Return of Screening copy: Within two weeks after the festival closure.
• Awards: The organizers will nominate an international Award Jury of three members. The festival is responsible for awarding the above mentioned prizes to the directors of the winning films.
• Invitation and accreditation: All directors for selected films will be invited. One accreditation for each individual director, which is personal and non-transferable, and gives access to all of the events during Minimalen.
For further information, please contact us at e-mail: email@example.com.
The Nordic Countries: Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway, Sweden - including Greenland, Faroe Islands, Åland.
* Definition of "film from a Nordic country"
a) The film has at least one citizen of a Nordic country credited as a director.
b) The film is shot in one of the Nordic countries and has been produced or majority coproduced
by a Nordic company, or is in receipt of at least 51% of its budget from Nordic
sources. In the latter case, the film must
also include sufficient creative elements from the Nordic country – having strong
Nordic-related subject matter.
** HD file:
If you do not have a DCP, the screening copy can be a Quicktime HD file with Codec Apple Prores 422 HQ (HD 1080p, 2 ch. audio). The festival will produce a DCP for preliminary use (which will be deleted after the festival, and not be available for anyone else).