INT: International Competition
Competition with the best new shorts of the world outside the Nordic Countries, presented in six programmes (approx 40 films).
• Submission is closed.
All directors with accepted films will be invited.
Submissions are handled through FilmFreeway.
• Best International Film
• The Raskin Spirit Festival Award
• Audience Award
Rules for participation in the International Competition
• Types: Fiction, animation, experimental, documentary, music (or combinations). No commercials.
• Running time: Not more than 30 minutes.
• Produced: In 2017 or 2018, with a non-Nordic* director. Please note that Nordic films instead should be submitted here >. Each particular film can only be submitted once.
• Submission deadline: Early bird: September 15, 2018; Final: October 15, 2018.
• Selection: A preselection committee will consider each submitted film, and may do additional selection by invitation, up until the selection announcement date. A list of the selected films will be available on the festival's website no later than December 15. No reasoning for films turned down will be made public. No film may be withdrawn from the competition programme after its selection has been confirmed.
• Screening copy/print: For selected films, a DCP screening copy must be received at the festival office no later than January 9. Masters are not accepted. If the file delivered is a HD file**, the festival will convert this to DCP, and must have received the file no later than January 2 (this DCP is only for this single purpose, and will be deleted after the festival). Note: English language version or subtitles (due to an international jury). A 35 mm film print is also welcome.
• Return of Screening copy: Within two weeks after the festival closure.
• Invitation / Accreditation: All directors of selected films will be invited. One free accreditation will be favoured each individual director, which is personal and non-transferable, and gives access to all of the Minimalen programmes.
For further information, please contact us at e-mail: email@example.com.
** HD file:
Minimalen Short Film Festival