Rules for participation in the Norwegian Competition
• Types: All categories of film can participate, with the exception of promotional films.
• Running time: Must not exceed 30 minutes.
• Produced: After 1 January 2011, with a Norwegian* producer or director. The same film can only be entered once.
• Submission deadline: 1 December 2012.
By then the festival office must have received the following materials for each film entry:
1) DVD screener of the film (Norwegian or English language version, marked with reference number, title, and contact person)
2) A completed registration on the web
3) A still from the film (included on a CD-R, or sent to
e-mail: email@example.com, marked with reference number)
• Return of DVD screener: Will not be returned.
• Selection: A preselection jury will consider each film. The result will be announced at the festival website by 1 February. Reasons for refusal will not be made public.
• Screening copy: For selected films a screening copy must have been received at the festival office no later than 21 February. Master is not accepted. Format of the screening copy can be DCP, 35 mm film, or video: DigiBeta (PAL), DVD (PAL) or HD file **. Note: English language version or subtitles (due to an international jury).
• Return of screening copy: Within two weeks after the festival.
• Awards: The selection of the winners of the Norwegian competition will be made by a jury appointed by the organizer. There will be at least three awards, one of which is Best Norwegian film.
The competing Norwegian films will take part in NIFA along with the films in the Nordic competition section.
• Accreditation: Each director of all the selected films are entitled to an accreditation, which is personal and non-transferable, and provides access to all Minimalen programmes and events.
** HD file:
The screening copy can be a Quicktime HD file with Codec Apple Prores 422 HQ (HD 1080p, 2 ch. audio).
Get in touch if you need more info, e-mail for all competitions: firstname.lastname@example.org.