Short Film is a blessed area within the Art of Film where there is still headroom for experimentation, and white spaces left on the map to explore. In our view, much of the best works out there are made by filmmakers trying to establish themselves as professionals, and often without the biggest of budgets.
The 30th Anniversary Edition of Minimalen Short Film Festival invites you to take part in this year's events: Norwegian, Nordic and International films in competition, hot prizes and a chance to check out what goes on right now within the creative part of filmmaking — whether you would like to explore the World, the Nordic region or Norway.
• Submission is open
• Early Bird: September 15 (USD 10)
• Final deadline: October 15 (USD 15)
• Max running time: 30 minutes. • Origin: Worldwide EXCEPT the Nordic Countries (i.e. as country of production OR Director citizenship)
• Submission is open (free submission)
• Final deadline: October 15
• Max running time: 30 minutes. • Origin: The Nordic Countries (i.e. Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway or Sweden as country of production OR Director citizenship)
Award winners at Minimalen 2017
International Competition Best International Film - The Minimalen Trophy and 1000 euro given by Minimalen LIMBO by Konstantina Kotzamani [FRA, GRE] The jury were impressed by the pure cinematic power of [+]
Award Winners at Minimalen 2016
International Competition Jury: Richard Raskin (USA, DNK), Hannes Vartiainen (FIN), Arna Marie Bersås (NOR). Best International Film- incl. EUR 1 000 from Minimalen ZEPO av César Díaz Meléndez [ESP] The film tells a [+]
Publisert 31.01.2016 23:32
Award Winners at Minimalen 2015
Norwegian Competition Prerunner: Prerunner to be screened at Trondheim Kino for one month, chosen by Trondheim Kino. Special Mention: ALL IN by Line Klungseth Johansen and Øystein Moe Best Prerunner: [+]